Following are several examples of community education programs. These programs aim to:
- Reduce fertilizer use.
- Change landscape practices to reduce nutrient runoff as well as introduction of toxics into the land and waters.
- Restore native landscapes and eliminate use of invasives.
- Clean up the shoreline and encourage people not to litter in the future.
- Reduce energy consumption, waste, and promote the use of sustainable alternatives.
- Attain National Weather status as a Tsunami-Ready Community (NOAA program)
- Start a volunteer stream monitoring program.
- Protect Delaware bay beaches and support horseshoe crab regulations.
Highlighted Reserve Example: